For complete transparency and clarity, this post features book(s) we’ve personally read and continue to re-read, but we do receive a small commission from any sales to help keep free content available at the Dojo. If you do decide to pick up one or two of the following, we send grateful fist-bumps in advance for your support.
'Tis once again the season we nerd out and reflect on our reading list of the past year 🤘🏼
2020 - in all its chaotic glory - saw us read a total of 25 books, which, encouragingly, is up 25% on our number in 2019.
Perhaps due to the year that was, 6 of the 25 were tagged # spirituality (no doubt for that much needed surrender) while another 6 were tagged # finance (no doubt for that much needed security).
For your ease of perusal, here's the full list ordered alphabetically (by author's first name) and tagged by category.
And if reading physical books isn't your jam, the vast majority are also available as audiobooks via the links below.
“Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
• Andre Agassi - Open # autobiography # sport
• Buddha - Dhammapada # spirituality
• Dalai Lama - Book of Joy # spirituality
• David Bach - The Latte Factor # finance
• David J. Schwartz - The Magic of Thinking Big # productivity
• Henry David Thoreau - Walden # autobiography
• James Allen - As A Man Thinketh # mindset
• Mark Manson - The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*** # productivity
• Michael E. Gerber - The E-Myth Revisited # business
• Michael Pollan - In Defense of Food # health
• Phil Jackson - Eleven Rings # autobiography # sport
• Ray Dalio - Principles # autobiography # business
• Richard Bach - Jonathan Livingston Seagull # fiction
• Robert Greene - The Laws of Human Nature # productivity
• Scott Pape - The Barefoot Investor # finance
• Spencer Johnson - Who Moved My Cheese? # finance
• Susan Cain - Quiet # mindset
• Tim Ferriss - The 4-Hour Workweek # business # productivity
• Wayne W. Dyer - Wishes Fulfilled # spirituality Let us know if you do pick up any of these reads - we’d genuinely love to hear your thoughts. And if you have any suggestions for us, drop a comment, as we're always up for quality recommendations 👊🏼